KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The number of Knox County COVID-19 patients currently hospitalized has dropped by over 50%, according to the latest data from the Knox County Health Department.
The Knox County Health Department reported no new deaths and 129 new cases, a 2.95% increase in the total case count. Health officials reported 111 additional recoveries on Friday.
Current hospitalizations dropped 51.5%. There are 16 Knox County patients currently hospitalized, down from 33 on Thursday.
There are 2,182 active COVID-19 cases in Knox County, up from 2,166 on Thursday.
Of the 4,500 total confirmed cases reported in Knox County since the pandemic began, 211 of them have resulted in hospitalization at any point during the illness.
The total number of recoveries is 2,418 Recovered cases refer to those who have been released from isolation after 10 days from their onset of symptoms, plus 24 hours of being symptom-free. Recovered does not mean necessarily the person had to be hospitalized.
The department said the two virus-related deaths reported on Thursday were a 55 -year-old man and a 56-year-old woman. (The Knox County Department had an incorrect age for the man on Friday, but updated his age on Monday.)
Knox County Health Department lists 142 probable cases of COVID-19 on the county website.
The Knox County Health Department updates its numbers daily at 11 a.m. Visit covid.knoxcountytn.gov for more information. Press briefings by Knox County Health Department are normally held at 12:30 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party