KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A record 187 new COVID-19 cases were reported for Knox County on Thursday, according to data from the Knox County Health Department.
The 187 new COVID-19 cases reported Thursday is a 7.44% increase from Wednesday. The 7.44% increase is the highest one-day increase since Friday and among the highest daily percentage gains since the pandemic began. All daily percentage increases over 7% have occurred in July.
Knox County also reported 1,525 active cases and 1,156 recoveries. No new deaths were reported Thursday and the total number of deaths is 21.
Of the 2,702 total cases seen in Knox County since the pandemic began, 180 of them have resulted in hospitalization at any point during the illness. There are 46 Knox County patients currently hospitalized, up from 38 on Wednesday.
Recovered cases refer to those who have been released from isolation after 10 days from their onset of symptoms, plus 72 hours of being symptom-free. Recovered does not mean necessarily the person had to be hospitalized.
Knox County currently lists 122 probable cases of COVID-19 on the county website.
The Knox County Health Department updates its numbers daily at 11 a.m. Visit covid.knoxcountytn.gov for more information. Press briefings by Knox County Health Department are held at 12:30 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party