(WATE) – Johns Hopkins University’s Coronavirus Resource Center is maintaining a map of coronavirus cases in “near real-time.”
The is updated manually and through automated data feeds and has become the “go to” resource for global COVID-19 cases and deaths due to the virus.
Professor Lauren Gardner and graduate student Ensheng Dong created the dashboard and shared it publicly for the first time Jan. 22.
It uses data from the World Health Organization, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control, the National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China, and reports from the media, healthcare facilities and medical professionals, according to the Johns Hopkins.
(These charts and maps may take a few moments to load. Be patient.)
A map of coronavirus cases worldwide. Zoom the map out to see additional continents.
Source: John Hopkins University
Confirmed cases in Tennessee based on Tennessee Department of Health data.
Tennessee case counts by day.
The latest information from the federal Centers for Disease Control.
The map is updated at noon on weekdays. The most up-to-date version is on the CDC site.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Knox County has 10th death, Sevier C ounty mandates masks
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Town of Greeneville to re-enter Phase I of reopening plan
- Local great-grandmother hard at work to provide masks to those without one
- Mandating masks: Why one county leader said no
- ‘It’s still very much real’: LMU medical students raise thousands for PPE donations for East Tennessee hospitals
- Coronavirus Tennessee: State continues to be a hotspot with record 2,472 new cases; total now 55,986
- United Airlines warns 36,000 workers they could be laid off
- US reaches 3 million COVID-19 cases, nearly double all other countries
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Blount County is not mandating masks despite double-digit rise in cases
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County Health Dept. announces 10th death, region hospitals vigilant as cases continue to rise
- Brooks Brothers, worn by Lincoln and Kennedy, goes bankrupt
- Planning a vacation to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg? What you need to know about wearing a mask
- US sets single-day record for new coronavirus cases with over 60,000
- Australia to shut state border as Melbourne infections surge