Claiborne County house ‘a total loss’ after fire

News

TAZEWELL, Tenn. (WATE) – A Claiborne County house was completely destroyed Tuesday night from a house fire.

Several fire crews responded to a reported house fire Tuesday night around 9:30 p.m. on Overton Road off of Cedar Fork.

A Tazewell Fire Department spokesperson said the house was being remodeled and nobody was in the house during the fire.

Investigators say the fire may have been started by the heating system that had been turned on while propane tanks were inside. The cause is still ongoing.

Our media partner The Big ONE, WRIL 106.3 FM saying three departments were responding including North Tazewell Volunteer Fire Department, The Tazewell/New Tazewell Fire Department, Springdale Fire Department.

WIRL also reporting that Powell Valley Electric had also been dispatched.

WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more about this incident and will update as additional details are made available.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter