PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) – Emergency personnel responded to a report of a large fire at the Sevier County Solid Waste facility late Wednesday night that they were able to contain and extinguish.
According to officials at the scene, the fire was called in by a passerby in a vehicle. Crews responded around 10 p.m. Wednesday and had the fire contained just after midnight.
Officials say the fire started on the facility’s tilling floor, where trash is brought in to be sorted. The plant director said late Wednesday night the facility takes in household items, not toxic items.
Pigeon Forge police confirmed to WATE 6 On Your Side that the call for the fire came in just before 10 p.m. Wednesday. The facility is located in the 1800 block of Ridge Road.
No injuries were reported.
WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more and will update when additional details are made available.
- Alcoa Police Department gearing up for the annual shop with a cop holiday tradition
- Tennessee Vols, Memphis face off with rivalry’s future uncertain
- Man accused of slapping WSAV reporter on backside arrested
- Microsoft reveals Xbox Series X
- Judiciary Committee votes along party lines on articles of impeachment