KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The victim from Wednesday’s shooting in South Knoxville is a 17-year-old who remains hospitalized in critical condition and the suspect is still at large, according to the Knoxville Police.
According to the initial investigation the suspect and victim knew each other. Officers are still working to locate the suspect, and they have not released the identity of the 17-year-old.
At this time, the circumstances of the shooting remain under investigation by the Violent Crimes Unit.
- Gabby Petito: Social media sleuths help unravel the case
- Father says son called him from Collierville Kroger: ‘There’s a shooter in the store and I’ve been shot’
- Rochester police release video timeline of events leading to Daniel Prude encounter
- FBI visits Antioch home, related to TN Kroger shooting
- Claiborne County Sheriff charges 3 with thefts in Rock Harbor community
On Wednesday, KPD officers responded just after 2 p.m. to the 200 block of Stone Road and found the victim suffering from a gunshot wound next to a vehicle.
The suspect reportedly fled from the scene on foot and Mooreland Heights Elementary was put on lockdown due to its proximity to the incident.
This is a developing story. Download the WATE 6 News app for updates sent to your phone.