KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knox County defendant Uriel Ernesto Rivera pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated sexual battery on the second day of his trial on Tuesday. He was initially taken into custody in March of 2019 after being indicted by a grand jury.
- Collierville Kroger shooting: What we know about Uk Thang
- Gabby Petito: Social media sleuths help unravel the case
- Father says son called him from Collierville Kroger: ‘There’s a shooter in the store and I’ve been shot’
- Rochester police release video timeline of events leading to Daniel Prude encounter
- FBI visits Antioch home, related to TN Kroger shooting
Rivera has been sentenced to eight years in prison and will have to register as a sex offender upon release.
Sheriff Tom Spangler says, “I am very proud of the work our Detectives did on this case. They are to be commended. Please remember the victim in your thoughts and prayers.”