MADISONVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Madisonville Police Department said officers are dealing with a recent increase of street racing inside city limits.
Police in Madisonville said they have experienced an uptick in speeding tickets and racing within city roadways. In a Facebook post, they shared photos of a car being towed away after a suspected street race.
MPD reiterated to the public they will not tolerate street racers and said safety is their top priority.
- Man arrested after barricading himself inside camper he allegedly broke into in Greenback
- ‘We are Collierville strong.’ Relief fund set up for shooting victims
- UPDATE: Active shooter drill mistaken for actual active shooter at Tyndall Air Force Base
- Homicides up nearly 30% in 2020, biggest 1-year jump ever, FBI says
- Watch: Florida deputies survive ambush during traffic stop
They warn street racers could receive a citation, wind up in jail or even get their car impounded.