WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — A mob backing President Donald Trump breached the U.S. Capitol, entering the offices of lawmakers including U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
An image taken by a Getty photographer showed a note left on the desk of the California Democrat that read, “WE WILL NOT BACK DOWN.”
Another image showed a demonstrator with an American flag putting his feet up in Pelosi’s office.
Other images showed Trump supporters inside other offices. The locations were unclear.
Wednesday’s storming of the U.S. Capitol forced a delay in the constitutional process to affirm Joe Biden’s victory in the November election.
Trump urged his supporters to come to Washington to protest Congress’ formal approval of Biden’s win. Several Republican lawmakers have backed his calls, despite there being no evidence of widespread fraud or wrongdoing in the election.
Several dozen demonstrators are roaming through the halls, yelling, “Where are they?”
Some were also in the visitors’ galleries.
- Knox County parents anxiously wait for FDA approval of Pfizer vaccine for kids ages 5-11
- Hazard, Kentucky high school assembly has parents upset
- Woman fired after asking to bring oxygen to work will be paid thousands
- Charter boat captain discovers, likely saves lives of 25 migrants adrift at sea off San Diego coast
- After starting vaccination drive, 14,000 children told they now have to wait for COVID-19 shots