WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — A mob backing President Donald Trump breached the U.S. Capitol, entering the offices of lawmakers including U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
An image taken by a Getty photographer showed a note left on the desk of the California Democrat that read, “WE WILL NOT BACK DOWN.”
Another image showed a demonstrator with an American flag putting his feet up in Pelosi’s office.
Other images showed Trump supporters inside other offices. The locations were unclear.
Wednesday’s storming of the U.S. Capitol forced a delay in the constitutional process to affirm Joe Biden’s victory in the November election.
Trump urged his supporters to come to Washington to protest Congress’ formal approval of Biden’s win. Several Republican lawmakers have backed his calls, despite there being no evidence of widespread fraud or wrongdoing in the election.
Several dozen demonstrators are roaming through the halls, yelling, “Where are they?”
Some were also in the visitors’ galleries.
- Potential government shutdown could impact vulnerable Americans
- Girl goes viral after seeing herself in Times Square
- Republicans name witnesses for first impeachment hearing
- New Dolly Parton rock songs to be featured on Monday Night Football
- ‘Don’t ever give up trying’ East TN mother shares story of daughter’s tragic death