TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — Dillon Passage, one of the stars of Netflix’s hit true-crime docuseries “Tiger King,” was arrested Sunday and charged with driving while intoxicated in Texas.
Passage, who is married to the series’ namesake “Tiger King” zookeeper Joe Exotic, was arrested by the Manor Police Department after failing a sobriety test.
The 25-year-old was also charged with misdemeanor resisting arrest, search or transport.
He was booked into the Travis County Jail and held on a $3,000 bond.
Passage’s husband, Joe Exotic, whose real name is Joe Maldonado, is currently serving a 22-year prison sentence for his involvement in a murder-for-hire plot, which was the focus of the 2019 Netflix show.
“Tiger King,” which has gone on to become one of Netflix’s most successful shows of all-time, debuted in March.
In a statement posted to Instagram, Joe Exotic wrote in part, “I am just glad that no one was hurt learning such a lesson that drinking and driving is something to take very seriously. I love my husband and will be there for him, just as he has been for me.”
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours
- Oprah Winfrey documentary to release on Apple TV+
- ‘Saved by the Bell’ star Dustin Diamond diagnosed with cancer
- Tintin comic book art breaks auction record at $3.1 million
- Hockey announcer plays giant game of Solitaire on arena ice during intermission