PIGEON FORGE (WATE) – Three people were transported to the hospital after an item used as “themed decoration” at Dollywood fell on them, according to a spokesperson.
A Dollywood spokesperson says it happened around 2 p.m. in the Wilderness Pass area of the park when the item fell and struck them while they were walking below. This was not a ride-related incident.
They were evaluated and stabilized by first responders and paramedics from the Dollywood Safety Department at the scene. They were transported to the hospital by ambulance and are in stable condition.
“Our prayers are with the patients and their families during this trying time,” said Dollywood in a statement.
The spokesperson says the park is cooperating with a routine incident investigation by the Pigeon Forge Police Department.
The Mystery Mine attraction is currently closed but the rest of the park remains open and operating.
- Tennessee’s win streak extends to seven; Vols beat South Carolina 31-27
- Knoxville Police: 2 juveniles charged with carjacking, another suspect remains at large
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- High school football Player of the Week nominees: week six
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court