PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Dollywood Company announced a new partnership with Covenant Health on Wednesday, making it the official health system of Dollywood.
Company leaders saying Wednesday that both organizations share similar values in striving to improve community quality of life.
Covenant Health is now sponsoring Dollywood’s EMTs along with upgrades to the parks’ baby care facilities, nursing facilities and a calming room.
“It allows the family to be able to come to a place, come to a park, have fun and maybe when the child gets to the point where they’re struggling because there’s too much activity; too much noise and it’s a place for them to kind of settle,” said Jim Vandersteeg, president & CEO of Covenant Health.
Also announced on Wednesday — through a partnership with the Imagination Library, every child that visits the Calming Room will receive a copy of the book, “The Beach is Loud.” The book educates readers on sensory activities for children on the autism spectrum.
- $50,000 Powerball ticket sold in Oliver Springs
- Analysts say ‘bankruptcy likely’ for AMC Theaters
- Knoxville hotel distributing hundreds of food bags to laid-off hospitality workers
- Knoxville police say some crime rates down amid the pandemic
- Special ‘Tiger King’ episode hosted by Joel McHale will air Easter Sunday