KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The man accused in a June deadly hit and run here in Knoxville was in court Wednesday morning for a preliminary hearing on another charge.
The Wednesday hearing was for a DUI that Dorrae Johnson got earlier this year – back in January. The judge found probable cause and the case was bound over to a grand jury.
Johnson is also accused of a separate drunk driving incident in which he hit and killed a pedestrian in June.
For that incident, he faces charges of vehicular homicide along with driving with a revoked license and evading arrest.
We’ll continue to follow Johnson and keep you updated.
- NAACP to hold news conference after death of George Floyd
- KCSO: Corrections officer drove new van into fence
- ‘My heart is broken’: Lawmakers weigh in on protests across the nation
- On Your Side: What to know if you received a stimulus prepaid debit card payment
- Family autopsy: Floyd asphyxiated by sustained pressure