KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Rural Metro Fire Department is reminding drivers to be cautious on slick roads after a car slid off the road and into a creek early Wednesday.
No injuries were reported after a car slid off of East Emory Road near the Halls Branch Library and into Willow Creek Wednesday morning. Rural Metro tweeted a photo of the submerged vehicle and implored drivers to slow down as winter temperatures cause liquid on roadways to freeze and make tire traction more difficult.
- Sheriff Spangler: ‘Our family is hurting’
- Hamblen County memorial honors those who have lost their lives to COVID-19
- A look at Dolly Parton’s gifts to others on her 75th birthday
- Knoxville man in his nineties has been donating blood since 1958
- Celebrating Dolly and the economic impact she’s had on the East TN region