KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Rural Metro Fire Department is reminding drivers to be cautious on slick roads after a car slid off the road and into a creek early Wednesday.
No injuries were reported after a car slid off of East Emory Road near the Halls Branch Library and into Willow Creek Wednesday morning. Rural Metro tweeted a photo of the submerged vehicle and implored drivers to slow down as winter temperatures cause liquid on roadways to freeze and make tire traction more difficult.
- ‘They really are our path forward’: Health care leaders talk combating vaccine hesitancy
- ‘I would hire 100 people today if I could’: Sevier County businesses in need of employees
- Isaiah 1:17 House providing safe space for children entering foster care system in Sevier County
- TBI, Knox County DA differ over release of shooting information after preliminary report proves incorrect
- TIMELINE: Bodycams in Knoxville, including early warning of restrictions on video releases