POWELL, Tenn. (WATE) – Quick action saved cars and a guest building when a dumpster caught fire around midnight Saturday night at Vintage Emory Road Apartments in Powell, Rural Metro Fire Department said.
When Rural Metro crews arrived, firefighters found heavy fire in a dumpster connected to a guest building which tenants use to dispose of garbage, according to a news release from Rural Metro.
There were several cars parked close to the building. Quick action saved both the building and the vehicles, the news release said.
The cause of the fire is most likely improper disposal of combustible materials, according to Rural Metro, but the exact cause is under investigation.
- ‘Basic accountability’: Biden advocates for reform after Chauvin verdict
- 16-year-old girl killed in Ohio police shooting
- Global carbon emissions decreased by 6.4% amid COVID pandemic
- Tennessee GOP lawmakers push to require fetal remains be buried or cremated after abortion
- These are the new Apple products revealed Tuesday