POWELL, Tenn. (WATE) – Quick action saved cars and a guest building when a dumpster caught fire around midnight Saturday night at Vintage Emory Road Apartments in Powell, Rural Metro Fire Department said.
When Rural Metro crews arrived, firefighters found heavy fire in a dumpster connected to a guest building which tenants use to dispose of garbage, according to a news release from Rural Metro.
There were several cars parked close to the building. Quick action saved both the building and the vehicles, the news release said.
The cause of the fire is most likely improper disposal of combustible materials, according to Rural Metro, but the exact cause is under investigation.
- Pigskin Preview: Grace Christian Academy
- Sources: Big Ten, other top conferences meeting to decide fate of 2020 college football season
- UT Knoxville students move into dorms amid pandemic
- Pigskin Preview: Sevier County
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 cases hit 122,712, up 2,127