KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A vacant building in East Knoxville will soon be transformed into several artist maker spaces.
City officials say the 6000-square foot property on McCalla Avenue will be sold to Dewhirst Properties with the goal to make 19 studio spaces.
“The success of this new Maker space will promote the renovation of this abandoned building and create new opportunities for a new Maker district,” Redevelopment Director Dawn Michelle Foster said.
We’re told the building will also include a gallery, lounge, kitchen and more.
- Video shows Florida man angry over COVID-19 barrier attack driver, deputies say
- Second stimulus checks: Sides hope to reach deal this week on package with $1,200 payments
- Clorox wipes shortage is expected to last into 2021
- ‘Zombie cicadas’ infected with mind-controlling fungus emerge
- Police searching for man who took photos of woman inside Sevierville Walmart restroom