BATON ROUGE, La. (WATE) – Tennesseans will be front and center to assist when Zeta makes landfall this week.
Allen Sheets has been volunteering with the American Red Cross for 16 years. He’s been calling Baton Rouge home since September as the gulf coast has been battered by storm after storm after storm this hurricane season.
“We are still working some aspects of hurricane Laura. That’s in Louisiana as well as Texas. We’re still responding to issues that occurred during Hurricane delta so this just adds a little more to our plate.”Allen Sheets
Sheets tells us he is currently the logistics chief for the Red Cross Response Team in Louisiana and Texas, overseeing the transportation of supplies as well as a staff of 40 to 70 volunteers.
- US official to address legacy of Indigenous boarding schools
- Rights group calls for more pressure on Nicaragua government
- Kim’s sister slams US, dismisses chance for talks to resume
- U.K.’s newest carrier joins IS fight, stirs Russian interest
- Suu Kyi tells lawyers trial testimony against her is wrong