MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Blount County Schools will send students home with weekend meal bags to all students at no cost to families beginning this Friday.
Blount County Schools said bags will be distributed every Friday through Dec. 11 with the exception of Nov. 27, the weekend following Thanksgiving.
Each bag will contain two breakfast and two lunch meals. Students do not need to sign up in order to participate.
Blount County Schools encouraged students to participate by picking up a meal bag on Friday afternoons. Parents are asked to check their child’s backpack to ensure maximum freshness.
LATEST EDUCATION NEWS
- UT agriculture gets $250K grant to study biomass as jet fuel
- Roane State fighting student food insecurity with mobile food pantry
- Tennessee gov: COVID vaccines to be optional in K-12 schools
- Coronavirus Tennessee: Hancock County Schools, Mooreland Heights Elementary, Campbell County High and Sequoyah High schools switch to online learning
- Carter High School library to undergo first renovation in 30 years thanks to grant award