MADISONVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Monroe County Schools announced that it will be closing its schools and buildings beginning Wednesday due to the rise in active COVID-19 cases in the area.
The school district’s calendar states the scheduled winter break was set to begin Dec. 18.
Monroe County Schools said it will be using stockpiled days for the closures on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
All buildings and facilities will be closed through Dec. 23 and all events will be canceled, the school district said.
Staff will return on Jan. 4 and students will return on Tuesday, Jan. 5.
- Suspect wanted on 2 counts of aggravated assault after shooting at Victor Ashe Park
- Knoxville Police seek help locating man missing since April 15
- Couple IDs mystery litterer they say left cups on their lawn for 3 years
- ‘Transparency also means timely:’ Knoxville mayor again pushes for release of body camera video
- Federal jury convicts former Roane Co. attorney on sex crimes involving minors