KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The coronavirus pandemic has taken a toll on our health as well as the health of our economy, but there is some good news.
Tennessee is showing signs of economic recovery as the pandemic continues, and record numbers of cases have been reported in the past week.
That’s according to the 2021 Economic Report to the Governor.
The project director for that report, who is a University of Tennessee professor, says that while our state is seeing signs of recovery, the recovery process has not been smooth, or felt by everyone equally.
“While all the economic date are pointing to a recovery, the recovery thus far has been incredible uneven.”Dr. Larry Kessler
The economy could be about to get some more help.
- UT Knoxville requiring students living on campus to take weekly saliva COVID-19 tests for spring semester
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Seventh Nashville Police officer credited for saving lives before Christmas Day bombing
- Kentucky State Capitol, surrounding grounds off limits this weekend