KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Some local organizations also want voters to head to the polls, even escorting a few to the City County building to vote on Saturday as part of a national Day of Action.
The Women’s March Coalition and Indivisible East Tennessee participated in holding a march with speakers sharing why voting makes a difference.
Saturday’s march started and ended at Krutch Park. Community leaders from several different organizations spoke at the event, covering topics like the Affordable Care Act, women’s health, and marriage equality.
After the rally, everyone marched to the City County building and back, eventually dispersing so volunteers could conduct phone banks and drop off pamphlets.
- UT runs through Vandy 56-0
- ‘We know that he’s with God’ Family mourning loss after remains identified as missing man
- Operation Thunder Chicken leads to 13 arrested in Anderson Co.
- 12-year-old dead after Russian roulette game in Mississippi
- ‘Squid Game’ actor Oh Yeong-su charged with sexual misconduct: reports