The goal is to have charging stations at all 56 state parks, and Rivian says their chargers will be compatible with all electric vehicles that are on the road right now.
- Morristown homeowner arrested, accused of fatally shooting man
- Knoxville Police: Suspect in standoff accused of robbing man at gunpoint
- Sevierville Fire responds to same house fire hours apart due to rekindling
- Pair of fire engines put out residential fire in North Knoxville
- Family of Holston Oaks shooting victim Martaysha Flack deals with third family death this year from gun violence
So, what’s the timeline to put the chargers in? The state says Rivian will begin installing them as early as the fall of 2021. Work could wrap up by March 2022.
The chargers would be free, at least at the beginning, and officials aren’t ruling out a fee in the future.