KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Tickets for the Knoxville date of Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour sold out in under two hours Friday.
Management for Thompson-Boling Arena, the concert venue, sent an email announcing tickets for the June 6, 2020 show had sold out at 11:39 a.m., just one hour and 39 minutes after they became available.
The arena has a capacity of over 20,000.
According to setlist.fm, Elton John last performed in Knoxville in 1997 at Thompson-Boling Arena. He also performed at the old University of Tennessee basketball arena, the Stokley Athletics Center, in 1973.
The Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour began in September 2018 and consists of over 300 shows across five continents.
- NASCAR set to return Cup Series race to Nashville Superspeedway in 2021
- Are kids safe from coronavirus in school? Dr. Birx answers COVID-19 questions tonight on NewsNation
- Judge approves $800M settlement for victims of Las Vegas shooting
- Deadline nears: How to submit your claim in Apple’s $500M iPhone slowdown settlement
- Inclusive emojis: Transgender flag, male bride among new icons expected in the next iPhone operating system