KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A woman is recovering this morning after a large house fire in West Knox County.
Knox County Rural Metro Fire crews were called to the home along Suburban Road just before 10 p.m. Wednesday. Flames could be seen rising from the back of the house.
We’re told the woman went back into the home to save the family dog.
She was rushed UT Medical Center with serious injuries.
A Rural Metro spokesperson said the home a total loss.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Blount County Sheriff’s Office searching for teen missing since April 15
- Lee: National Guard faces ‘tremendous challenge’ in DC
- Kanye West donates $2M, funds college tuition plan for George Floyd’s daughter
- 8-year-old North Carolina girl dies after battling COVID-19
- Community support for Knoxville Junteenth event