SPRING HILL, Tenn. (WKRN) — An F-16 fighter jet intercepted a small aircraft that entered a temporary flight restriction area surrounding Nashville without proper clearance.
According to NORAD, the incident happened around 2 p.m. when NORAD command directed the jet to investigate the aircraft that was not in communication with air traffic control. The violating aircraft was nonresponsive to the initial intercept but established radio communications after the fighter jet deployed signal flares.
The small aircraft then left the area without incident.
It is unclear why the small aircraft was flying over Spring Hill at the time. This was also around the time that Air Force One was heading into Nashville.
- Colorado monitoring 2 people after monkeypox exposure on flight
- Knoxville City Council to meet Tuesday night, confirm African American Equity Restoration Task Force
- British swimmer beats COVID twice to win gold at Olympics
- 4 horses test positive for Potomac horse fever in Tennessee
- ‘It’s a celebration to wear this’: Inside the Japanese tradition of kimonos