KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – As the search continues for the suspect responsible for firing a stray bullet that took the life of a young woman in North Knoxville, her family is holding a memorial.
Twenty-five-year-old Jessie Roberts was killed last March while sitting at the drive-thru of the Krystal along North Broadway. Officials say the bullet that killed Roberts was fired somewhere near the Vibe Nightclub just down the street.
Police found more than 50 shell casings in the club’s parking lot, so far no suspects have been arrested.
Saturday’s memorial will take place at the Roberts’ home. It is set to start at 5 p.m. Jessie Roberts would have been celebrating her birthday on Monday. All are invited to help celebrate the young woman’s life.
- Crews respond to North Knox County house fire
- As Seen On WATE: What to know about REAL ID requirements
- ‘Say Yes to the Prom Dress’ event back in Knoxville
- Knoxville Symphony Orchestra hosts ‘Very Young People’s Concerts’
- TDOT planning work on I-40 in Jefferson County through weekend