ETOWAH, Tenn. (WATE) – A couple and their two-year-old child who previously lived in Etowah were among those killed in devastating tornadoes in Middle Tennessee Tuesday, WTVC confirmed.
Family members confirmed to WTVC that Josh, Erin and two-year-old Sawyer Kimberlin were killed in the Middle Tennessee tornadoes that claimed the lives of 24 people.
RELATED: How to help
“Josh, Erin, and Sawyer are all in heaven together. We’re devastated with this news. They were a beautiful family. Continue to pray for their lost and comfort for family left behind,” family friend Lauren Pitts wrote on Facebook.
The family lived in Etowah before moving to Cookeville, Tennessee in Putnam County, among the areas most impacted. 18 of the 24 fatalities occurred in Putnam County.
- Maryville College will resume in-person classes in fall, end earlier
- State AG plans absentee ballot appeal after blasting Nashville judge’s ruling
- Downtown Emporium Center reopening with ‘Summer Members Show’
- Safety precautions Clinton football is taking while practicing
- ‘All have never meant all’: Knoxville Area Urban League continues calls for use of force changes