CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — Beatles fans around the world are expected to pay tribute to John Lennon on the 40th anniversary of his death Tuesday.
The rock star and former Beatle was shot to death outside his New York City apartment building by an apparently deranged fan on Dec. 8, 1980.
Lennon was a founding member of The Beatles and went on to have solo success with hits like “Imagine” and “(Just Like) Starting Over”.
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours
- Oprah Winfrey documentary to release on Apple TV+
- ‘Saved by the Bell’ star Dustin Diamond diagnosed with cancer
- Tintin comic book art breaks auction record at $3.1 million
- Hockey announcer plays giant game of Solitaire on arena ice during intermission