NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A fired Tennessee State Trooper is now facing an assault charge following a video showing the trooper ripping a mask off a protester’s face.
Andrew Golden said he was videotaping a traffic stop on state property when Trooper Harvey Briggs approached him. In the video, you can see the two getting into a verbal confrontation before Briggs walked up to Golden and appeared to rip a mask off his face. Briggs was ultimately fired by THP.
Briggs now faces a misdemeanor assault charge.
An affidavit attained by News 2 said the charges are for throwing the victim’s face mask, touching his face, and throwing the mask in the air without the victim’s consent.
- 6 Storm Team Starwatch: NASA’s launch of Ingenuity could happen this week!
- Neighbor charged with attempting to kidnap 9-year-old girl from Nashville apartment
- ‘Chucky doll in a dog’s body’: Woman’s post about ‘demonic’ foster dog goes viral
- THP: 1 person dead after motorcycle crash in Knox County
- National Youth Violence Prevention Week kicks off in Knoxville