NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A fired Tennessee State Trooper is now facing an assault charge following a video showing the trooper ripping a mask off a protester’s face.
Andrew Golden said he was videotaping a traffic stop on state property when Trooper Harvey Briggs approached him. In the video, you can see the two getting into a verbal confrontation before Briggs walked up to Golden and appeared to rip a mask off his face. Briggs was ultimately fired by THP.
Briggs now faces a misdemeanor assault charge.
An affidavit attained by News 2 said the charges are for throwing the victim’s face mask, touching his face, and throwing the mask in the air without the victim’s consent.
- TWRA encourages safety courses after 2020 saw most boating fatalities in decades
- Knoxville Police respond to accidental shooting at Clinton Walmart
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine
- Pandemic makes teacher shortages even worse
- Health inspection finds pot of tomatoes lying on floor of kitchen