NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A fired Tennessee State Trooper is now facing an assault charge following a video showing the trooper ripping a mask off a protester’s face.
Andrew Golden said he was videotaping a traffic stop on state property when Trooper Harvey Briggs approached him. In the video, you can see the two getting into a verbal confrontation before Briggs walked up to Golden and appeared to rip a mask off his face. Briggs was ultimately fired by THP.
Briggs now faces a misdemeanor assault charge.
An affidavit attained by News 2 said the charges are for throwing the victim’s face mask, touching his face, and throwing the mask in the air without the victim’s consent.
- Alcoa finishes regular season 9-1 with victory over Dobyns Bennett
- Football comes full circle: Mays brothers reunite on the Tennessee offensive line
- Haunted Tri-Cities: Newport building linked to tragedy, haunting and a conspiracy
- Pres. Trump, Biden appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Florida woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first