MEIGS COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – A 5-year-old girl is recovering Monday after being shot in the head with an arrow on Sunday.
Meigs County Sheriff’s Office deputies say the girl’s brother was playing with a loaded crossbow Sunday afternoon when he aimed it at the wall and accidentally pulled the trigger.
The girl was rushed to the hospital and taken to Children’s Hospital at Erlanger for surgery.
Officials say she’s expected to recover and she’s already alert and talking.
No further information was available.
- Video: Driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Florida drawbridge
- 12-year-old boy dies after trying viral ‘blackout challenge’
- Weinstein accuser breaks silence to push for consent law as former producer seeks new trial
- Home where Mister Rogers once lived goes up for sale
- Body found in Mississippi River identified as missing LSU student