KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – UPDATE: The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said Friday afternoon both individuals had been located safe in Volusia County, Fla.
The investigation is ongoing.
Officers in Florida are investigating after a carjacking and potential kidnapping situation involving a couple from Knoxville.
The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office is trying to confirm the safety of Marsha Ann Higgins. Deputies say they were told Higgins is being held against her will by Bradley Chilton, her boyfriend.
Court records from recent years state they were from Knox County.
The two were last seen Wednesday night in Florida’s Volusia County. The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office believes Higgins and Chilton are still in a silver Toyota with Tennessee tags.
- Make-A-Wish surprises 4-year-old Florida cancer survivor with puppy
- Which face masks are most effective?
- Civil rights leader Rev. Robert Graetz passes away at 92
- Dolphin rescued from pond after being trapped by Hurricane Sally storm surge
- Hurricane Sally reveals ship that was submerged for decades