SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police say a driver was traveling 64 mph in a 15-mph school zone.
Officers spotted the vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed near Southside Elementary Tuesday morning, according to police.
“This is nearly four times the speed limit,” police said in a message on Facebook.
Police said the driver was issued a citation and an automatic court date.
”The safety of our children is our #1 priority. Please slow down,” the post continued.
- Austin-East parents, students deal with trauma surrounding recent student deaths
- ‘Folks need and deserve answers,’ community leaders demand bodycam video released in Austin-East shooting
- Trafficking Teens: What warning signs parents need to know
- Ober Gatlinburg updates its COVID-19 rules for guests
- TWRA: Angler catches 5-foot, nearly 30-year-old sturgeon from Clinch River