SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police say a driver was traveling 64 mph in a 15-mph school zone.
Officers spotted the vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed near Southside Elementary Tuesday morning, according to police.
“This is nearly four times the speed limit,” police said in a message on Facebook.
Police said the driver was issued a citation and an automatic court date.
”The safety of our children is our #1 priority. Please slow down,” the post continued.
- Dumpster fire put out at Powell apartment complex
- THP: 55 ‘violators’ arrested for trespassing at State Capitol
- WATCH AGAIN: Fireworks Night Over Northeast Wisconsin
- WATCH: One of the largest fireworks displays in Texas
- WATCH LIVE: Fourth of July fireworks across the Las Vegas skies