SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police say a driver was traveling 64 mph in a 15-mph school zone.
Officers spotted the vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed near Southside Elementary Tuesday morning, according to police.
“This is nearly four times the speed limit,” police said in a message on Facebook.
Police said the driver was issued a citation and an automatic court date.
”The safety of our children is our #1 priority. Please slow down,” the post continued.
- Dogwood Arts files injunction with Attack Monkey Productions
- Bojangles Player of the Week: Austin-East quarterback Trey Foster
- Jacksboro man who dealt drugs to high schoolers arrested on multiple charges including sex exploitation
- Pruitt: Vols should be prepared for Swamp crowd
- The Business Buzz: KaTom undergoes growth spurt, adding jobs