LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies in Florida arrested a man who was caught on video tackling and punching his dog.
Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno said in a Facebook post that his office was made aware of doorbell video that showed 28-year-old Joshua Schlotmann punching the dog, named Thanos.
Marceno said Schlotmann “delivered three closed-fisted blows” to the dog.
Lee County Domestic Animal Services took custody of the dog.
Marceno said he won’t stand for animal abuse and “will keep throwing these abusers in jail until they get the message.”
- Positively Tennessee: A walk to end Alzheimer’s
- Four victims including two twelve year-old’s injured by 57 year-old woman with a knife
- Man injured with burns after his boat caught fire
- Powell couple reunites found cat with South Carolina family
- Tennessee-Florida: What Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt said after the 34-3 loss