There were three low-scoring restaurants this week in Knox County.
The first, Bombay Palace on Parkside Drive, earned a 77. The inspector noted that two employees didn’t know the five symptoms of illness. Also, the floor of the walk-in cooler was dirty and the ice cream scoop, when not in use, was stored in standing water, which is against the rules.
El Mezcal on Kingston Pike was the second-lowest scoring establishment, scoring an 80. The inspector noted that the top of the ice bin was dirty, the cheese grinder hadn’t been properly cleaned and the salsa wasn’t being held at a satisfactory temperature; it was stored at 50 degrees instead of the required 41.
The restaurant was reinspected and earned a 94.
Finally, Mikata at 10918 Spring Bluff Way in Hardin Valley, also scored an 80. Sushi was being kept at 45 degrees instead of the required 41 and four employees were seen drinking out of cups with no lids. Finally, a chemical spray bottle was stored just about food containers.
Mikata was reinspected and earned a 100.
Keep in mind that any score below 70 is considered failing.
Here are the top scores this week:
- Firehouse Subs, 2431 Callahan Drive: 100
- Panda Garden, 2423 Callahan Drive: 100
- Waffle House, 103 Stekoia Lane: 100
- Pizza Hut, 7504 Clinton Highway: 100
- New Full House, 3507 W. Emory Road: 100
- Knox Mason, 131 S. Gay Street: 100
- Love That BBQ, 1901 Maryville Pike: 100
- Mill & Mine, 227 W. Depot Street: 100
- Studio X 1, 1931 Cumberland Avenue: 100
- Uptown Bar & Grill, 1912 Cumberland Avenue: 100
- Brazeiro Churrascaria, 6901 Kingston Pike: 100
- Lonesome Dove Restaurant, 100 N. Central Street: 100
- Salsarita’s, 570 E. Emory Road: 100
- Salsarita’s, 6645 Clinton Highway: 100
- Waffle House, 309 Emory Road: 100
- Chick-Fil-A, 540 E. Emory Road: 100
- Pizza Hoss, 7215 Clinton Highway: 100
- Dunkin’ Donuts, 4466 Western Avenue: 100
- IHOP, 7609 Mountain Grove Drive: 100
- Brothers Johnson & Sister BBQ, 1518 University Avenue: 100