KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Cockroaches and brown, wilted salad led to a lower score at a family-style restaurant in Maryville.
Huddle House, 2426 Lamar Alexander Parkway, Maryville – Grade: 75
The Huddle House on Lamar Alexander Parkway scored a 75. That is a passing score.
The health department considers a grade below 70 as “unsanitary.”
The inspector writes numerous live roaches were seen in the dining area and around food equipment. The restaurant’s pest control company was called.
Bugs weren’t the only risk factor violations marked off in the report.
In the refrigerator, the inspector found brown and wilted salad about to be served to customers. There date mark on the salad, showing when it was first put into the fridge, had passed. The salad was thrown away.
In the kitchen, there was excessive old food debris and grease behind and under equipment. Also, the employee health policy was not posted in the kitchen area.
Finally, the inspector writes there was poor managerial control at this Huddle House due to the priority violations. A reinspection is expected soon.
House of Dragon, 1907 Cumberland Ave. – Grade: 72; new grade: 94
In Knoxville, near the University of Tennessee, House of Dragon on Cumberland Avenue has been reinspected. Last week we reported a score of 72. The new follow-up grade is 94.
Top scores of the week:
- Chick-fil-A, 4944 Kingston Pike – Grade: 100
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries, 234 Brookview Center – Grade: 100
- Vittorino’s Italian, 111 Main St., Sweetwater – Grade: 100
- McDonald’s 223 Highway 68, Sweetwater – Grade: 100
- Eatowah Cafe, 3237 Tennessee Ave., Etowah – Grade: 100
- Our Town Cafe, 205 E. Race St, Kingston – Grade: 100
- Drafts Burgers, 240 River Road, Gatlinburg – Grade: 100
- Applewood Farmhouse Grill, 220 Apple Valley Road, Sevierville – Grade: 100
- TGI Friday’s 2794 Parkway, Pigeon Forge – Grade: 100
- Trailhead Steakhouse, 7839 Lamar Alexander Parkway, Townsend – Grade: 100
- Subway, 447 Baker Highway, Huntsville – Grade: 99
- Clinton Dragons looking for a culture change in 2021
- Knoxville City Council votes to review policies for stopping racist and sexist practices within city government
- Knoxville City Council names African American Equity Restoration task force members
- ‘About time’: Gay athletes unleash rainbow wave on Olympics
- Monroe County Commission votes to approve new animal shelter