The grill at the Holiday Inn on Executive Park Drive in west Knoxville has scored the lowest Department of Health rating this week for a variety of violations.
The Cafe at Holiday Inn scored an 81, 11 points above the minimum health department score to be considered sanitary. They cited problems with food preservation temperatures, failure to label cleaning substances and non-compliance with the Non-Smokers Protection Act.
The inspector found food in a cooler over the weekend that was not reaching the necessary temperatures while a sausage being hot stored at 112 degrees was too cool to slow the growth of bacteria. The proper hot temperature is 135 degrees.
They also found pink slime inside the ice machine upon inspection.
There was also an unlabeled chemical bottle in the kitchen. Labels are required so employees know what’s inside.
Plastic forks were observed unsealed and stored on the floor.
The top scoring restaurants of the week:
- Olive Garden, 7206 Kingston Pike: 100
- K Brew, 1138 N Broadway: 100
- Boyd’s Jig and Reel, 101 S Central St: 100
- Steamboat Sandwiches, 2423 N Central St: 100
- Blue Slip Bistro, 300 W Depot St: 100
- Taco Bell, 1900 Cumberland Ave: 100
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, 481 Clinton Highway: 100
- Scottie’s of Powell, 7143 Clinton Highway: 100
- Krystal’s, 5219 Clinton Highway: 100
- Nixon’s Deli, 508 Merchant Dr: 100
- Burger King, 319 Merchant Dr: 100
- Garden Chen, 7658 Oak Ridge Highway: 100