KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A fast food barbecue restaurant in Oak Ridge earned a passing health inspection score but will have a follow-up after critical violations were found.
Buddy’s Bar-B-Q, 328 S. Illinois Ave., Oak Ridge — Grade: 77
The lowest health inspection score this week is recorded at a fast food barbecue restaurant. The score is a 77 at Buddy’s Bar-B-Q on South Illinois Avenue. That’s a passing score, but a follow-up inspection is required.
When checking restaurants, inspectors often educate managers and help them correct mistakes.
The inspector writes an employee did not wash his hands after handling money before putting gloves on to handle ready to eat food. Hand washing is required before putting gloves on, that’s a state health rule. The inspector explained the regulation to employee.
When the inspector checked the three-compartment sink where pots and pans are cleaned, rinsed and sanitized, there was no sanitizer being used. The misstep was immediately corrected.
A temperature check of sliced tomatoes found the vegetables at 52 degrees, but 41 and below is required.
Finally, the inspector writes that the manager did not demonstrate knowledge of the health rules. The inspector went over the regulations with the manager, and a reinspection is expected soon.
Top scores of the week:
- Farmacy, 5018 Kingston Pike — 100
- Ham ‘N Goodys, 1049 N. Cedar Bluff Road — 100
- The Dancing Bean, 7142 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway, Townsend — 100
- The Hoagie Shop, 303 E. Broadway Blvd., Jefferson City — 100
- Arby’s, 3652 Parkway, Pigeon Forge — 100
- Burger King, 160 Highway 68, Sweetwater — 100
- Taco Bell, 927 Highway 68, Sweetwater — 100
- Taco Bell, 461 N. Main St., Jamestown — 100
- The Casual Pint, 721 Watkins Road, Maryville — 100