KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A roach in the kitchen was one of nearly half a dozen violations checked off during a recent inspection at a Crossville restaurant.
The grade is a 71 at Dynasty Asian Cafe 2, located on Interstate Drive in Crossville. This is a passing score as any grade below 70 is considered failing. The inspector has not yet returned for a follow-up.
Dynasty Asian Cafe 2, 229 Interstate Dr, Crossville — Grade: 71
In his report, the inspector found a roach in the kitchen near the reach-in freezer, which is a violation because they’re not supposed to be in restaurants.
The inspector watched a kitchen worker rinse a bowl with water and then put it away as being clean. To properly clean bowls, they’re supposed to be put in a dishwasher where they are washed, cleaned and sanitized.
Improper handwashing was also observed by the inspector. He writes a kitchen worker rinsed his hands, but did not use soap or a paper towel to dry his hands. The worker likely didn’t use any soap because the dispenser at the sink was empty.
A can opener blade was found with food debris stuck on it and excessive grease and debris had accumulated on food equipment throughout the kitchen.
A re-inspection of Dynasty Asian Cafe 2 is expected soon. There are several perfect and near-perfect health scores.
Top Stories of the Week
- Salsarita’s, 10919 Parkside Dr., Knoxville — 100
- Creekside Bistro, 5000 Clayton Road, Maryville — 100
- Gus’s Fried Chicken, 3101 Sutherland Ave., Knoxville — 99
- Fin-two, 109 Willow Ave., Knoxville — 99
- El Machete Mexican, 1989 Winfield Dunn Pkwy., Sevierville — 99
- Cravin Wings, 144 Foothills Mall Dr., Maryville — 99
- Texas Roadhouse, 7559 Conner Road, Powell — 98
- Sonic Of Jamestown, 315 Central Ave., Jamestown — 98