COLUMBIA. S.C. (AP) — Lou Holtz has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The 83-year-old former college football coach confirmed the test Thursday to Columbia TV station WOLO. “I don’t have a lot of energy right now,” Holtz told the ABC station.
Holtz led Notre Dame to the 1988 national title in a Hall of Fame career. He has worked for ESPN and campaigned for President Donald Trump.
Holtz is set to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Trump.
- Pearl on Union permanently closes
- Doctor: The current US testing strategy isn’t working
- ‘We’re at the worst, we’re seeing the worst of it now’: Knoxville ICU nurses share frontline insights
- Mayor Jacobs thanks community for response to COVID-19 in Thanksgiving message
- Coronavirus: McGhee Tyson reports 50% fewer travelers this Thanksgiving