FORT CAMPBELL (WKRN) — Fort Campbell soldiers in Kentucky are being deployed to assist with COVID-19 efforts in New York.
The 531st Hospital Center is being deployed and will be able to offer a range of health care needs.
The 3rd Brigade Combat Team is also focusing on pre-deployment readiness tasks.
No one at Fort Campbell has tested positive for the virus at this time, but there are still more than 200 COVID-19 tests still pending. Precautions are being taken for soldiers, their families, and the surrounding community.
- Coronavirus Timeline: June 2020
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Closing bars to stop coronavirus spread is backed by science
- Kroger gets FDA approval for at-home COVID-19 test
- Pfizer reports encouraging, very early vaccine test results
- Does wearing a mask pose any health risks?
- Trump says he looks like Lone Ranger in a mask and likes it
- Tennessee officials offer stern warning as virus cases climb
- Gov. Lee signs executive order providing liability protections for healthcare workers
- KCSO: Knox County inmate tests positive for COVID-19
- â€˜No thank you, Dr. Fauci’: Texas lieutenant governor says he wonâ€™t listen to nation’s top coronavirus expert
- ‘Friday the 13th’ villain Jason appears to star in PSA about wearing masks
- Knox County Board of Health holds July 1 meeting to talk next steps in COVID-19 pandemic
- Tennessee Coronavirus: TDH reports 45,315 COVID-19 cases for July 1
- Swaggerty Sausage confirms COVID-19 cases at Kodak plant, number of employees affected not released