PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) — The victim in a fatal stabbing, 19-year-old Savannah Burford will be laid to rest this week.
Her alleged killer, 18-year-old Gabriel Turcios was arrested and arraigned on Friday and bond was set at $1 million.
Her family spoke with WATE 6 On Your Side on Thursday, saying Savannah was the sweetest girl you’d ever meet and was known for her love of singing.
Burford’s funeral service has now been set for Thursday, Jan. 16 from 3 – 6 p.m. at the Atchley Funeral Home in Seymour.
Atchley Funeral Home
122 Peacock Court
Seymour, TN 37865
The family says the public is invited to attend.
- Daylight saving time debate lingers in Congress
- Gov. Lee, Sen. Alexander celebrate park funding from Great American Outdoors Act
- Date announced for 2020 Music City Bowl at Nissan Stadium
- Young-Williams Pet of the Week: Azog
- Halloween precautions, injuries