PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) — The victim in a fatal stabbing, 19-year-old Savannah Burford will be laid to rest this week.
Her alleged killer, 18-year-old Gabriel Turcios was arrested and arraigned on Friday and bond was set at $1 million.
Her family spoke with WATE 6 On Your Side on Thursday, saying Savannah was the sweetest girl you’d ever meet and was known for her love of singing.
Burford’s funeral service has now been set for Thursday, Jan. 16 from 3 – 6 p.m. at the Atchley Funeral Home in Seymour.
Atchley Funeral Home
122 Peacock Court
Seymour, TN 37865
The family says the public is invited to attend.
- TN Education Commissioner visits Loudon County schools to observe in-person and virtual learning
- Mother of special needs child recreates special ed classroom at home
- 55-year-old woman killed in motorcycle crash with calf during Sturgis Rally
- Vols fan mows large Power T in yard
- GSMNP to soon benefit from passage of Great American Outdoors Act