KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE)- Over 84,000 fans gathered at Neyland Stadium Saturday night for the Garth Brooks concert. This particular concert was historic. It was the first major concert at Neyland in 16 years.
The festivities started early in the day at the Humanities Plaza on UT’s campus. Fans donned their cowboy hats and boots for the event. Fans traveled from all over the world. One set of fans coming all the way from Ireland.
They shared their anticipation for the show with WATE.
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports two new COVID-19 deaths
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- Judo champion from Kansas City foils armed robbery by grappling suspect to the ground
- 6-year-old boy’s ‘YouCanBeABCs’ rap video inspires kids to dream big
- Watch Live: Twitter, Facebook, Google CEOs testify on social media protections amid censorship claims