KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE)- Over 84,000 fans gathered at Neyland Stadium Saturday night for the Garth Brooks concert. This particular concert was historic. It was the first major concert at Neyland in 16 years.
The festivities started early in the day at the Humanities Plaza on UT’s campus. Fans donned their cowboy hats and boots for the event. Fans traveled from all over the world. One set of fans coming all the way from Ireland.
They shared their anticipation for the show with WATE.
- CEO, entrepreneur, and international speaker Carl Gould offers advice for reopening small businesses
- ‘Save Space Camp’ drive prompted by virus reaches $1.5M goal
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports 131 new virus cases, no new deaths
- Newsfeed Now: Stimulus bill battle continues; ‘Zombie cicadas’ in Tennessee
- Knox Sheriff: Got a problem with a bar? Don’t call the law