GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – Gatlinburg city commissioners are considering an agreement with a company that will allow the city to track vehicle license plates in the city.
Flock Group Inc. provides “license plate readers” to customers in more than 400 U.S. cities in 35 states.
Flock’s website saying this helps with crime and can help identify how many cars are coming into and going out of a city on any given day.
We’ve reached out to the city to learn more about this topic on Tuesday’s meeting agenda. This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Louisiana man who was wrongfully incarcerated becomes ‘America’s Got Talent’ finalist
- California woman sues fertility doctor accused of using own sperm to impregnate her twice
- Lawsuit claims mayor’s office exaggerated Nashville COVID-19 numbers to close bars; Cooper’s office says not true
- Woman told officer ‘ I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase
- Purple Heart, military records reunited with deceased Vietnam veteran’s sister in Knoxville