JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — An online fundraising campaign to help cover the legal fees of a man accused of running over a protester in Johnson City has been removed.
A spokesperson for GoFundMe confirmed the fundraiser was removed from the platform because it violated the company’s terms of service.
The now-removed campaign was raising money for Jared Lafer, who is facing an aggravated assault charge after police say he struck a Black Lives Matter protester with his vehicle over the weekend.
All donations have been refunded, according to the spokesperson.
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who contested election results, admits Biden victory wasn’t fraudulent