JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — An online fundraising campaign to help cover the legal fees of a man accused of running over a protester in Johnson City has been removed.
A spokesperson for GoFundMe confirmed the fundraiser was removed from the platform because it violated the company’s terms of service.
The now-removed campaign was raising money for Jared Lafer, who is facing an aggravated assault charge after police say he struck a Black Lives Matter protester with his vehicle over the weekend.
All donations have been refunded, according to the spokesperson.
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day case increase in September
- Former Titan, Vol Albert Haynesworth charged with domestic assault
- Titans suspend team activities after multiple players, staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Newsfeed Now: Countdown to the first Presidential Debate, California Wildfires, Carole Baskin, and more
- Belmont University preparing for final presidential debate