GREENEVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) – Greeneville City Schools has released new information on cases of COVID-19 among personnel in the school district.
According to GCS, a new chart will be updated every week to inform the public of positive COVID-19 cases within GCS.
The chart breaks down which school or facility the cases were reported at and how many people are currently in isolation or in quarantine.
GCS reports that as of Tuesday, August 11, four people at Greeneville Middle School are in isolation while five are currently quarantined.
One person at Greeneville High School is in isolation while three GHS employees are quarantined.
GCS clarified on its website that cases in “isolation” are individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 and will remain isolated until they are cleared to return to work.
Those in the “quarantine” column are employees who have been determined to have been exposed to a positive case and must remain at home until they are cleared to work, according to GCS.
To protect confidentiality, GCS says it will not give out the names of any of the people who test positive for the coronavirus.
You can view the weekly report on the district’s website by clicking here.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party