(NEXSTAR) — On Tuesday, Blake Shelton announced Gwen Stefani “saved” his 2020 by saying yes.
Stefani shared the news on Instagram. Shelton made the engagement announcement on Twitter by saying: “Thanks for saving my 2020… And the rest of my life.. I love you. I heard a YES!”
The couple first met while taping The Voice in 2015.
Last week, Stefani won her first CMT Music Award for collaborative video of the year for her duet with Shelton on “Nobody But You.”
The couple shared a hug and drinks together and expressed their love for one another in their recorded speech. “What is happening in my life?” Stefani exclaimed.
- The pandemic is changing Hollywood, maybe forever
- Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Black Eyed Peas to perform in honor of nurses this Thanksgiving
- Gaylord Opryland takes COVID-19 precautions to keep holiday visitors safe
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade to march on despite pandemic