MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (WATE) – Hamblen County officials have canceled the 150th anniversary celebration commemorating the founding of the county in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The 150th anniversary celebration for the foundation of Hamblen County, set for September 5th, has been canceled.
The county has also postponed the unearthing of a time capsule buried on the Hamblen County courthouse lawn. The event was set to take place this Saturday but will now take place in spring 2021.
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports 75 new cases, no new deaths
- Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed
- BREAKING: State rests case in 2016 Thanksgiving double murder trial for man accused of dismembering parents
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas
- Weekly unemployment claims in Tennessee drop below 10,000 in first time since March