MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (WATE) — Hamblen County Mayor Bill Brittain is extending the county’s mask mandate through the end of November.
The original mask mandate was set to expire Friday, Oct. 30. The mandate requires people in the county to wear face coverings or masks in public spaces and businesses.
On Saturday Morristown Mayor Gary Chesney said the White House COVID-19 Task Force declared Hamblen County a “red zone.”
- Newsfeed Now: Moderna seeking emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccine; young genius makes history
- Brightly burning meteor seen across wide areas of Japan
- PHOTOS: White House Christmas decorations revealed
- Small earthquake reported in East Tennessee early Monday
- Blount County Schools to require masks for all students, faculty and visitors