NEW YORK (AP) — The head of New York state’s correctional officers union says Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for coronavirus.
The 68-year-old former film producer, who was hospitalized with heart issues in recent weeks, was diagnosed just days after being transferred to the state’s maximum-security Wende Correctional Facility near Buffalo.
Weinstein was previously locked up at New York City’s Rikers Island jail complex, which has had a spate of coronavirus cases. He is serving a 23-year sentence for rape and sexual assault.
The state prison system confirmed that two inmates at Wende have been diagnosed with the disease.
Weinstein’s spokesman and defense lawyer said Monday they “will neither confirm nor deny whether Mr. Weinstein has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.”
- Alcoa finishes regular season 9-1 with victory over Dobyns Bennett
- Football comes full circle: Mays brothers reunite on the Tennessee offensive line
- Haunted Tri-Cities: Newport building linked to tragedy, haunting and a conspiracy
- Pres. Trump, Biden appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Florida woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first