CLINTON, Tenn. (WATE) – Heavy rains Saturday have caused a part of one local road in Clinton to collapse, according to city officials.
The city of Clinton shared these images from Clinch Avenue near south Seivers Boulevard in the northbound lanes just north of the Green bridge.
The Tennessee Dept of Transportation has traffic restricted to one lane traveling in each direction.
The city says crews are working around the clock until the road is stabilized.
Meanwhile, drivers should drive slowly and use caution when traveling through this stretch.
The city adds to expect traffic back-ups and delays during peak hours for the next several days.
- Christmas miracle: Teen gets new heart, kidney at Children’s Hospital in Ohio
- James ‘Radio’ Kennedy dies at 73
- Scott City fourth-grader rescues another student with Heimlich maneuver
- Maryville Police Department seeking community help
- UPDATE: All I-40 lanes open after a tanker truck hauling hazardous materials tipped into median